Apprenticeships at EMCOR UK



  • An apprenticeship is a learning programme where you spend 80% of the time learning on the job. The remaining 20% is typically spent in the classroom where you can develop your knowledge and build the required portfolio to gain your qualification.
  • Apprenticeships provide valuable experiences that enable you to develop skills ans knowledge in the workplace, whilst simultaneously earning a wage.

Course Lengths

  • The length of the course is dependent on the type of course you choose - they range from 12 months up to 5 years.







Types of apprenticeships

Over 150 members of staff at EMCOR UK are currently completing apprenticeships. Our apprentices come from a wide range of backgrounds; some being new entrants, and others existing members of staff being upskilled. Our apprenticeships fall into two categories: Trade and Business. The levels range from Level 2 to Level 7 Degree Apprenticeships (Masters Level). 




  • Electrical
  • Engineering
  • Plumbing & Heating
  • Facilities Management
  • Fire and Security



  • Business Administration
  • Leadership & Management
  • Executive MBA
  • HR (Human Resources)
  • IT
  • Project Management
  • Data Analyst
  • Procurement
  • Health & Safety



To talk through our current apprenticeship opportunities, contact Natalie today.

Contact Natalie

Why choose an apprenticeship at EMCOR UK?



An apprenticeship provides a great opportunity to develop your skills. During an apprenticeship at EMCOR UK, our apprentices gain the technical knowledge, practical experience and wider skills needed to excel in their role,

Our apprentices gain experience through a wide mix of learning in the workplace, formal off-the-job training and the opportunity to practice new skills in a real work environment. Our social events provide apprentices with the chance to enjoy time off-site to bond with their team.



Our apprenticeship case studies





The length of an apprenticeship depends on the type and level of course. They take a minimum of 12 months to a maximum of 5 years.



With over 700 different types of apprenticeships, there are a vast range of options available to you. Your future role will depend on the type of apprenticeship you undertake.



No, you don't. Historically, apprentices were between the age range as apprenticeships are often seen as an alternative to college or university. However, there is no upper limit for apprenticeships. In fact, EMCOR UK commonly upskill their existing employees through the apprenticeship route to help further their career development.



  • You need to be living and working in England
  • You should hold a Level 2 qualification in Maths and English or be prepared to work towards and pass a Level 2 in Maths and English
  • You will need to work 30 hours or more during the course of the apprenticeship



Yes, you can! Degree apprenticeships give you the opportunity to train and study towards either a Bachelor's or Master's degree. As you progress through your apprenticeship at EMCOR UK, you can discuss your options with your manager to determine what would be the best pathway for you.